Study in New Zealand
- University of Auckland
Highest-ranked university. Presently it ranks 81st in the world in accordance with the QS World University Rankings 2017-2018.
- University of Otago
- University of Canterbury
Christchurch, the University of Canterbury is New Zealand's third-highest rated university at joint 214th on earth. New Zealand's fourth largest entrant in the QS World University Rankings 2017-2018, Victoria University of Wellington is put joint 228th.
- University of Waikato
Fifth highest-ranked university in New Zealand at 2017-2018, placed 324th. Another three universities in New Zealand, Massey University, Lincoln University and Auckland University of Technology, are ranked among the world's top 450 associations in the QS World University Rankings 2017-2018.
How to Apply
To apply in person within your home state, you will need to contact your regional New Zealand consulate or embassy to obtain an application form or appointment. As an alternative, you can apply online by going to the official website www.immigration.govt.nz, and creating an account. You should apply at least six weeks before you want to go to New Zealand.
Application fees vary depending upon your country of origin. You'll need to show:
Acceptance letter from a college in New Zealand
To offer evidence of acceptance at an accredited New Zealand-based instruction provider.
You will also have to show that you have sufficient funds to Pay your tuition fees (this may include evidence of loan policy, scholarship or other funds) and evidence of funds to cover your living costs while you study in New Zealand (via a host, a loan, a student, authorities support or adequate bank balance).
This can be proof of paid-for onward tickets, Proof of additional funds or arrangement from a host to pay for onward journey. The point is to demonstrate that you intend, and can afford, to leave the country as soon as you finish your studies.
This can frequently be arranged through your education provider.
Months you'll have to offer a general medical certification, a chest x-ray certification and possibly undertake a tuberculosis screening.
If you are under 18 you’ll also have to provide proof of Arranged lodging, and if you're 17 or older, a police certificate of "good character".
In Addition to documents to prove the above, you will also need to provide:
A passport valid for at least three months following the date you intend to leave New Zealand
Proof you have paid the application fee
Process, whilst student visas applied for through the paper form take 25 days to process.
Can you operate in New Zealand using a student visa?
Legally permitted to operate in New Zealand for up to 20 hours weekly during term time, and might work fulltime during all scheduled vacation periods like Christmas, Easter and summer vacations. Work experience required on your research does not count towards the 20-hour limit. International students cannot be self-explanatory.
After your research you may still be eligible to work in New Zealand, however you'll have to consult the visa authorities and apply for the suitable work visa.
For Additional information about New Zealand student visas or about your ability to work in New Zealand, take a look at the government's official immigration site.
Document RequiredIn way to apply for your visa, you will need to follow the steps given below;
- Identity- Proof of your identity. Your passport.
- Proof of intended study- Proof of your intended
- Health insurance- You need to maintain you’re medical and Travel insurance coverage while you're studying in New Zealand, from the moment you register until your student visa expires.
- Money or sponsorship- You must have enough cash held in New Zealand to support yourself for the amount of your visa.
If you are sponsored, your sponsor must:
- Ensure your requirements for maintenance are met as you're in New Zealand
- Pay any costs if the immigration section asks you to
- If you have a guarantor, your guarantor should make sure your Need for maintenance is fulfilled as you are in New Zealand. If your student visa letter or label does not say 'Fiscal evidence not mandatory' or 'The holder of the student visa is sponsored', the immigration department may request proof of funds when you arrive in New Zealand.
- Health- Depending on where you are from and how long you want to remain in NZ, you might need to give health certificates with your application.
- If you’re going to be in NZ between 6 and 12 months
- A chest x-ray certification (form number INZ 1096) is required If you're from or have spent over three months in any state, which isn't in the list of countries with a low incidence of tuberculosis.
- If you’re going to be in NZ more than 12 months
You will need to supply:
- -a chest x-ray certification (form INZ 1096).
- Character certification- It is one of the significant Documents which will decide whether you'll be given the New Zealand student visa or not. If you're planning to study here for two or more decades, you need to submit a police certificate, which says you've got no criminal record before.
- Employment background- You can share your previous occupation details, for those who have any previous work experience. The best means to do would be to attach your latest.
- English proficiency- Prior to entering New Zealand, you must prove you know and speak English fluently. You need to submit
Visa Fees & Processing Time
International students can work part-time around 20 hours a week when studying or full-time at the holidays, Based on their New Zealand student visa requirements.
You can apply for this visa if you are a distance learning or correspondence student and you need to visit your New Zealand education provider for any reason to do with your education, eg to perform practical study or sit in the exams.
If You Would like to bring your spouse or kids with you, they can apply for visas according to their connection to Student Visa for New Zealand is normally for the same period of time as the research you have paid for.
New Zealand student visa processing time
The majority of the shorter length visa applications are processed within the times explained below in the table. But they can take little longer if the immigration section requires additional documents from you.